for Supervisor 2020
I spent my childhood in Ventura and Ojai. I am a product of the local schools. No one cares more or will fight harder for these communities than me. As Ventura’s Mayor, I have worked to improve the quality of life in our great city. And I have committed myself to leading Ventura through the devastating effects of the Thomas Fire and our recovery from the worst natural disaster in our City’s history. I believe we have made great progress as a city:
- We have taken important steps to strengthen our local economy.
- We have expanded resources for our public safety officers which has resulted in several years of decreased crime rates.
- We are working to secure our future water supply through a connection to the State Water system.
- We have taken important steps to prioritize renewable energy and our City’s sustainable future.
- We have started construction on our first full-service 24-hour homeless shelter which will be open and operational this year.
This was the bold leadership I promised upon being elected, and I have spent every day since focused on delivering results. The reason I am now running for Ventura County Supervisor is simple: I want to continue my work in ensuring that the Ventura County my young daughters inherit in 20 years is even better than the Ventura County we know today. That means balancing respect for Ventura County’s unique history, while also having a bold vision for its future. We need to attract and retain high-paying jobs. We need to build more affordable housing. We need to protect our open spaces, hills and beaches to ensure a sustainable future for our children and grandchildren. These are the issues that Ventura County needs to address not only to become a truly forward-thinking County, but more fundamentally, in order to ensure that this County remains a viable place to live for future generations. As your Supervisor, I would spend every day fighting for these objectives and I would be honored to have your support!